Editor's note: This article was reviewed and updated on August 19, 2020.
September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
In an effort to provide men and their families with as many helpful resources as possible, we're providing a current "roundup" below of the information, articles, and topics covered on GBU's website—as well as some important reads from around the web.
From Greater Boston Urology
- GBU's Approach to Prostate Cancer
- GBU's Approach to Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Diagnosing Prostate Cancer Using 3D MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy
- The Axumin PET Scan – What You Need to Know
- Prostate Cancer and African-American Men
- What It's Like to Get a Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: A Real-Life Story
- Prostate Cancer & Active Surveillance: What You Need to Know
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer: PROVENGE Treatment
- Understanding Molecular Markers and the OncotypeDX Prostate Cancer Test
- SpaceOAR® Hydrogel for Men Undergoing Radiation for Prostate Cancer
- Preparing for a Radical Prostatectomy
- What It's Like to Get a Radical Prostatectomy – A Real Life Story
- Life after a Radical Prostatectomy: A Real-Life Story
- Incontinence After Prostate Cancer Treatment: What You Need to Know
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Understanding Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer and Bone Health: What You Need to Know
- Prostate Cancer Screening: GBU Responds to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force's Recommendation
- What is SpaceOAR Hydrogel?
From Around the Web
- COVID-19 & Prostate Cancer – ZERO Prostate Cancer, June 2020
- Commentary: COVID-19 and Prostate Cancer—A Perspective on Risks and Responses – Clinical Oncology News, May 2020
- Excess Body Fat Tied to Fatal Prostate Cancers – New York Times, June 2019
- Prostate cancer diagnoses, deaths decreasing worldwide, study says – CNN, April 2019
- Doctor’s Orders: Men, get your prostate checked – Chicago Sun Times, December 2018
- Early PSA Test for Prostate Cancer Recommended for African-American Men – Healthline, October 2018
- Prostate Cancer: How Shields MRI Plays a Role in Better Biopsies – Shields MRI blog, September 2018
- Study to examine prostate cancer rate in African American men – Boston Globe, July 2018
Videos about Prostate Cancer
What Should You Know About Prostate Cancer Screening?
How Greater Boston Urology Treated One Man's Prostate Cancer
Dr. Michael Geffin Discusses UroNav: 3D MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy
Dr. James Lin Discusses HIFU
Dr. Natalya Lopushnyan Discusses Side Effects of Prostate Cancer Treatment
Bone Health, Prostate Cancer, and You
Your Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score Can Help You Navigate Through Your Treatment Options
ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk