The ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk is coming up on Sunday, September 10, at Newton City Hall.
You’ve likely heard the devastating statistics, but just in case, here's a recap…
- Right now, prostate cancer is the second leading cancer death among American men.
- One in eight American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime. Think fathers, brothers, sons, husbands, friends—in other words, prostate cancer affects all of us.
- An American man dies from prostate cancer every 20 minutes. We're talking 75 deaths per day and over 26,700 deaths per year.
- 9 million American men are currently living with the disease.
- Over 161,000 men in the US will be diagnosed with the disease in 2017.
- EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES – we can't stress this point enough. (Read about the updated prostate cancer screening recommendations.)
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an organization that describes itself as "the destination for taking action to end prostate cancer and making prostate cancer research a national priority." ZERO goes on to say, "No other prostate cancer charity spends more per dollar on programs – more than 84 cents. ZERO puts every donation to good use."
At Greater Boston Urology, we're proud to work with the good folks at ZERO, and we're proud to be a sponsor of this year's ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk.
Last year, we raised over $7,000. We have ambitious goals this year—we want to raise $20K. But in order to succeed, we need your help.
It's easy to give your support:
- Donate now. Every dollar helps.
- And/or join Team GBU and run/walk with us on September 10. Kids are welcome—this is a great family event.
Here's to a world with ZERO prostate cancer!